Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Screen won't turn on, is this a common problem?

I bought a Nexus 6p about 3 months ago off of amazon.com. It said it came with the 12 month US warranty. It's actually my second 6p, the first one was stolen from me, and because of the ****ty experience I had with getting nexus protect the first time and finding out I wasted my money and that it doesn't cover theft, I opted not to buy the phone from the play store and get nexus protect again.
I take damn good care of this phone because I know I don't have nexus protect. I'm talking a case, always the only thing in whatever pocket it's in, etc. I've already paid full price for this phone twice and I'm way too broke to do it again.
So today when I was on my break at work, I did what I always do and went and sat in my car and browsed reddit on my phone. Nothing fishy, battery was at like 80 percent. After my break, I put my phone in my locker (under my clothes so I wouldn't accidentally knock it out when I got dressed at work) and went back to work for like 3 more hours.
After getting off work, I got dressed, put my phone in my pocket and drove home. When I got home though I realized that even though the phone would vibrate and make the unlock sound when I put my finger on the fingerprint scanner, the screen wouldn't come on. I thought maybe it was a battery issue and plugged it in using the charger it came with (the only one I ever use), and waited, restarted the phone, still nothing.
After about an hour of this I downloaded the most recent factory image (mtc20f) and flashed, but still nothing. No display in the bootloader or recovery either. I used <adb reboot-bootloader> and <fastboot devices> to make sure I was in the bootloader, but nothing ever showed on the phone screen.
My searching isn't showing anyone else with the problem. The phone is flawless aside from .5 centimeter scratch on the back from when I leaned up against something sharp with it in my pocket before my case arrived in the mail and a tiny ding in the bezel on the top of the phone that I honestly have no idea where it got. I can't find any mention of anyone else having this issue, though, and I'm really worried that they're going to try to say that I damaged the phone.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2arg3SN
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment