Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Help xt1058 is constantly force closes app after app and other weird stuff

I've been banging my head against the wall with this issue for months and finally have decided to reach out and see if I can get some additional insight.

My wife had upgraded from her 2013 motox about a year and a half ago and it has been just sitting in a drawer until a few months ago. I pulled it out a while back thinking of using it as a music player for the kids, well I booted it up and it will literally force close random apps constantly, to where the moment I click away another pops up, lots of Gapps crashes but everything from alarm clock to youtube, system apps and downloaded apps, if I am fast (and lucky) enough I can navigate through the phone like a snail in molasses... Well, this is just the beginning, in addition to the FC issue, any changes I make to anything on the phone will not stay changed... I have uninstalled just about every downloaded app and disabled just about every system app and they all come back or become enabled again. Even managed to delete a few gigs of photos off it while connected to my pc and... after a reboot, they are back.:crying:

I don't recall using rockmymoto or anything on her phone (Its on 4.4.4), I am still using my moto x and I did all that on mine but never hers... Yet I am unable to reboot to recovery, just fastboot also her phone doesn't load the adb drivers and only shows as a MTP usb device while my MotoX shows as XT1058 and the ABD interface.

I have tried flashing stock firmware via RSD Lite and manually thru Fastboot, I've done 4.4.4 and 5.1.x and each time I have no issue flashing the entirety of the packages but when it reboots its still has all her data and all the force closes... Also tried the in phone factory reset (in regular mode and safe mode) and I can click the "Erase everything" button but it doesn't proceed.

It's driving me freaking insane! When she stopped using it, it was fine, no issues whatsoever and I am incredibly confused at how it got this way while just sitting in a cupboard drawer. I have had over a dozen Android phones, all rooted and flashed, I consider myself a pretty competent user, i've baked my own roms and compiled cm(7) from source and even unbricked a few devices here and there for friends and family but this is literally got me stumped.

Really hoping someone out there sees this, has had a similar issue and maybe has some good new for me. :confused:

Thanks in advance

Raff


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aOti3i
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment