Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Note 4 and the new Gear VR SM-R323

I was not seeing my questions answered in detail about the new Gear VR, so I decided to just buy the item myself and give it a test run with my Note 4.

It is definitely a midnight blue color with black accents. Looks black in a lot of photos.
Yes, it fits just fine without modding.
No, the charge port still does not work even with the provided adapter.
Yes, you can enjoy cardboard apps with it.
No, your D-pad will not work with Cardboard apps.
They say the field of view is greater. It is obviously less at least for the Note 4.
No you may not mod the cover with a cooling fan because the cover does not fit while the phone is mounted.

In conclusion, I will be returning the product because while the Gear VR experience is super cool, the last model (SM-R322), once modded, is better on all fronts minus working charge port.

Edit: I got the D-pad to work with Google Cardboard by restarting the phone


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bO4SEW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment