Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Unfortunately NetworkSystemProvider has stopped (Google Play services)

I just got done taking the PG1 update and things were working fine except TitaniumBackup had the issue with the writing to SD Card. So I did some research and thought that I could modify the
Code:

/system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
, however when I rebooted the phone, I started getting the dreaded "NetworkSystemProvider" and "Google Play Services" stopped errors every few seconds. I have put the file back the way it was, rebooted, cleared cache & dalvik, but still I get the error. I really do NOT want to factory reset if I can help it.

It's frustrating even more-so because I generally run TitaniumBackups nightly and even TWRP backups pretty regularly too. I just hadn't gotten to one of the later, and ironically I was trying to fix the damn SD card write issue so that I could in fact do my TBs!! #FML

This seems like it should be something fixable no? I do have root and TWRP. I just can't find a good site that explains how to do it. I also tried to run the TWRP 'fix permissions' button too to no avail.

Can I just re-ODIN the PG1 or something worse case? And then re-root? ... without a factory reset I mean, so I keep my data and settings as they are?

I really don't understand how things go so jacked up from just changing an .xml file (and putting it back the way it was)??

Please help! Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cnoShL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment