Dear all,
last week I sold my 1 year old LG G4 (H815 international version) to a guy via online marketplace. Before buying I demonstrated what a phone can do and let him try it for a while. He also asked me if I could send him files and procedures needed to root the phone and install custom recovery. The phone has bootloader unlocked and was rooted but eventually I restored it back to stock few months ago cuz I was trying to sell it. I'm advanced Android user and have been flashing phones since 2006. so I know what I'm doing...
After purchase the same guy sent me a message that the phone is superb and that he is totally satisfied with it, then the other day a message that one of the apps he installed ins't working as expected, after that that the phone is dead. He also said to me that he performed a hard reset and eventually pulled the battery out while the phone was resetting. We met and I tried to help but there was no bootloader, recovery or download mode any more! I hooked the phone to a laptop and nothing - device manager showed only QHSUSB_BULK and USB Device (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)! No way to enter the recovery or download mode as it would solve the problem by flashing a proper kdz.
As far as I know phone was performing and functioning more than fine while I owned it and there is no way to hard brick the device unless you mess with flashing etc. It never suffered from bootloop problems. Unfortunately, the guy was kinda suspicious to me for asking too much stupid questions which he really didn't understand so I assume he is novice user. There was no sdcard in the phone to help me see the eventual files he maybe tried to flash as a proof and there was no other way to see what went wrong.
I'm in a semi-polite dispute with him because he claims I sold him a broken phone and I claim that it's his responsibility for messing up with software tampering and hard resetting etc.
What are your opinions about the whole situation? At least you would ease my mind because I'm 100% sure that I sold perfectly functional phone without any physical or software defects.
THANK YOU!
last week I sold my 1 year old LG G4 (H815 international version) to a guy via online marketplace. Before buying I demonstrated what a phone can do and let him try it for a while. He also asked me if I could send him files and procedures needed to root the phone and install custom recovery. The phone has bootloader unlocked and was rooted but eventually I restored it back to stock few months ago cuz I was trying to sell it. I'm advanced Android user and have been flashing phones since 2006. so I know what I'm doing...
After purchase the same guy sent me a message that the phone is superb and that he is totally satisfied with it, then the other day a message that one of the apps he installed ins't working as expected, after that that the phone is dead. He also said to me that he performed a hard reset and eventually pulled the battery out while the phone was resetting. We met and I tried to help but there was no bootloader, recovery or download mode any more! I hooked the phone to a laptop and nothing - device manager showed only QHSUSB_BULK and USB Device (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)! No way to enter the recovery or download mode as it would solve the problem by flashing a proper kdz.
As far as I know phone was performing and functioning more than fine while I owned it and there is no way to hard brick the device unless you mess with flashing etc. It never suffered from bootloop problems. Unfortunately, the guy was kinda suspicious to me for asking too much stupid questions which he really didn't understand so I assume he is novice user. There was no sdcard in the phone to help me see the eventual files he maybe tried to flash as a proof and there was no other way to see what went wrong.
I'm in a semi-polite dispute with him because he claims I sold him a broken phone and I claim that it's his responsibility for messing up with software tampering and hard resetting etc.
What are your opinions about the whole situation? At least you would ease my mind because I'm 100% sure that I sold perfectly functional phone without any physical or software defects.
THANK YOU!
from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cAes0h
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment