Hi guys. Just got confirmation that the 32/4 GB model I ordered has been dispatched so hoping to receive it in a week or two. Will need to get it up and running ASAP when it arrives, because my daughter is itching to get her hands on my current phone to replace her broken one, but as this is my first LeTV/LeEco phone, and my first Chinese grey import phone, I am a little confused about where to start to get it set up as I need. I am not sure if it is coming factory sealed with the Chinese stock firmware, or with a reseller installed ROM, but since the reseller said it is "preinstalled" I'm guessing factory stock. I have read through many of the threads on these XDA pages for the device, but as there are various ROMS and various stock SKUs it is a bit overwhelming. Hope you guys can give me your opinions.
How I am hoping to get the phone set up is as follows: at least basic Google functionality (Play Store, Calendar Sync, Contacts Sync), as little visible Chinese language as possible (preferably none), no active bloat (I definitely don't want to see the LeEco TV and video crap). Stability and decent battery life are more important to me than trying to get a more vanilla android experience, so I am thinking a stock ROM or stock-based ROM are better for me than trying Resurrection or CM (at least at first).
I am wondering if I should (a) stay with the stock Chinese firmware, try to install basic google apps and root/debloat it myself, or (b) flash the stock Indian firmware and root/debloat it myself, or (c) flash one of the debloated stock based ROMS. And if I go for option (c), I am not really sure whether to go for TeamSpain or Cuoco. What are their relative merits or demerits?
Hope some of you guys who already have this phone can give me your recommendations. Thanks!
P.S. My native language is English and I do not require any other languages (as long as I can install Google Japanese keyboard)
How I am hoping to get the phone set up is as follows: at least basic Google functionality (Play Store, Calendar Sync, Contacts Sync), as little visible Chinese language as possible (preferably none), no active bloat (I definitely don't want to see the LeEco TV and video crap). Stability and decent battery life are more important to me than trying to get a more vanilla android experience, so I am thinking a stock ROM or stock-based ROM are better for me than trying Resurrection or CM (at least at first).
I am wondering if I should (a) stay with the stock Chinese firmware, try to install basic google apps and root/debloat it myself, or (b) flash the stock Indian firmware and root/debloat it myself, or (c) flash one of the debloated stock based ROMS. And if I go for option (c), I am not really sure whether to go for TeamSpain or Cuoco. What are their relative merits or demerits?
Hope some of you guys who already have this phone can give me your recommendations. Thanks!
P.S. My native language is English and I do not require any other languages (as long as I can install Google Japanese keyboard)
from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2cjnxbD
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment