Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Help: Unbrick Dell 7840 that is bootloader locked

Hi Everyone,

So i tried a installing the latest version of Xposed x86 and got my Dell 7840 bricked.
It's running the latest 5.1 OS (Nov 2015 update), but is NOT OEM unlocked ( I can't for the hell of me figure out how it is bootloader locked and rooted! ).
It does not have custom recovery, only stock recovery so i can only do ADB sideload but not update from zip? :(

I can get to the fastboot menu, but i can't do the tethered recovery as everything failed due to locked bootloader.
i can't unlock the bootloader via fastboot as i can't boot to the OS due to stuck at the Intel inside bootscreen.

When i goto the covery mode. i see "Venue 8 7840-user 5.1 LMY47I BBP803A173600DEL release-keys"

I tried to use the Intel Platform flash tools to flash DD0_BB.xml as per some unbricking guide, but this seems to only work if you are in the OS and not in the fastboot mode.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2bWH1qj
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment