Sunday, September 25, 2016

Considering buying, QU about RAM

I'm considering buying an unlocked 16GB Moto G4 Plus. I have a question about multi-tasking with the 2GB of RAM. Let me explain what I mean by giving scenarios:

Currently I'm using a LG Stylo (1GB RAM) but have used a Galaxy S6 Edge+ (4GB RAM).

I like that with the S6e+ I can stream internet radio, press home to open up the browser and view a page or take a pic to post to Facebook, press home then send a message in Hangouts, then press home (or recent apps) and go back to the browser without it having to reload the page because of low memory... all while still streaming.

On the LG Stylo if I press home and then go back to the browser it has to reload the page even if I don't run another app. When I try to post a picture to Facebook by the time it loads the camera or gallery it will need to reload the page and I lose my picture sometimes and have to try again.

My question: How well does the 2GB of RAM work on this phone? Can you browse and do other functions without the page being taking out of memory if you go to send a text or take a pic? What if you had two tabs open?

Thanks for the help! Hope to be here rooting soon!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2dh4SRe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment