Thursday, July 28, 2016

Understanding how Contacts are managed in Android 6

I am not sure the question is correct and this is the place.
Anybody welcome to point me in the right direction.

I have some 3000 private contacts in Outlook (not Exchange) and they all have Categories in Outlook.
I also have over 1000 business contacts in my Exchange account.
The Exchange Contacts are synced correctly.
My previous phone was a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 4.0.4) and I was syncing the Contacts from Outlook with MyPhoneExplorer as Phone contacts (I have no contacts in my 2 Google accounts) and all was working well.
I bought a LG G4 with Android 6 and pushed all the contacts from Outlook (with MyPhoneExplorer) in the phone.
There is a whole mixup I have some difficulty explaining:
Android "merges" all the various contacts. When viewing a contact I see info from Whatsapp, Exchange, Google Accounts in the same card. In the "Accounts" field I see the Google sign, the Exchage sign and sometimes the Whatsapp sign but not the "Phone" sign.
In Edit mode I can see the info from all the "accounts" one after the other in the same contact.
I can change the account to Phone and then I get duplicated info.
I cannot delete the contact from one account.

my questions are:
1. is this a new feature in Android 5/6?
2. is it possible to manage only "phone" contacts?
3. Am I using a wrong program to sync my contacts?

Please if anyone can give me directions where to read on the subject, how to proceed, what program to use I would be ever grateful.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2a3gOnH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment