Wednesday, July 27, 2016

HTC M9 S-Off Help!

Hey,

I'm new to rooting and I am having a really hard time getting my M9 from S-On to S-Off.

I unlocked the phone using the HTCDev website, which worked perfectly.

I tried to use SunShine, my phone passes the pre-test but then the next screen tells me my device is not rooted. It says to try the temproot button below but there is only an Exit button.
I tried to use King Root as well but it was unable to root my M9 either.

I am trying to get the Android Revolution HD rom on my device.

I somehow was able to get TWRP 3.0.2-0 going on the device, so when I enter Recovery Mode the TWRP recovery comes up.

When I try to Install SuperSU 2.76.zip through TWRP, it works but when the phone reboots it constantly loops on startup, I let it loop for 20 minutes with no success.

I tried installing Android_Revolution_HD-One_M9_20.0_9a5ad5.zip which worked but when my phone started up my EFS data was missing so my SIM card was not detected and when I checked my IMEI number it was blank.
So I restored my phone with a backup I made in TWRP before I installed anything, the IMEI number is back and I get cell reception.

From what I have found on other websites and here, it seems like the only way I can gain access to the EFS folder so I can back it up to restore after installing AndroidRev is if I have S-Off.

But I am unable to S-Off without my device being rooted and the only way I have been able to root the device is by installing the AndroidRev.zip which must have SuperSU built in.

I'm running Android version 6.0
I live and purchased the phone in Australia.

Right now I have TWRP as the recovery, the phone is unlocked, S-On and not rooted.
I need to back up my EFS so I can restore it after installing AndroidRev but I can't gain access while in S-On and I cannot find a way to get in without rooting the device which wont work because every time I flash SuperSU my device gets stuck in a start up loop.

The best success I have had is installing AndroidRev through TWRP but it killed my EFS folder.

Hope I've given enough information to help solve this problem, any other info needed I'll post up asap.

Cheers


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/2aeQaUf
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment