Thursday, June 2, 2016

No 4G/LTE with SM-G935FD

I have a new SM-G935FD purchased in the UAE. The software version is MMB29K.G935FXXU1APD1. The phone has a "United Arab Emirates" section in the About page.

I travel a lot. I generally use a local SIM when I am in a country for some time. Right now I am in France. I am using a SIM from Bouygues Telecom but I have no 4G/LTE service at all. The phone is connecting at H+ and also at 3G, but it is not showing 4G/LTE at all.

I will be in several other European countries as well as the US soon. I specifically purchased this phone because it has all the LTE bands for the countries I spend time in. This same SIM does give me LTE connections on Bouygues when I use it in my old phone (a Motorola X 2nd Gen). I had expected this phone to just work on LTE everywhere that I typically go.

I have looked through these forums and see a thread or two about others with LTE problems. But no clear solutions.

I have tried various apps such as LTE Discovery (no luck) as well as 4G LTE Switcher - using that if I set "LTE only", I get no service at all, and then have to reboot the phone before I get service back.

Is there something I need to do to get LTE?

Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1sOomiH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment