Thursday, June 2, 2016

Marshmallow battery life in 3g

Hello,

I have a 2GB Mi4 (LTE edition).
I've found out that 3g data connection keeps the phone awake for about 33% of the time (checked in Wakelock Detector). As a result, the battery drains fast.
The issue disappears if I switch to 2g-only connection or to wifi. I don't have 4g available here, so I can't test that.
This happens on any MIUI-based Marshmallow rom, including Xiaomi.eu.
The wakelock isn't associated with any particular app or service in Wakelock Detector, so it took me a while to figure out that it was related to 3g. Of course I'm testing with a clean rom.

On the other hand, I've noticed that Kitkat-based MIUI doesn't have this problem.

This is 100% reproducible for me, but I haven't found anyone mentioning it in the forum.
Could you please confirm the issue?
Thanks.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1sOnGtM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment