Thursday, June 2, 2016

M8 won't boot

Sorry about any terminology...
Recently my htc one m8 stopped booting. I had rooted it a long time ago and had a ROM that was working fine for a long time. No recent changes.
On normal boot it sits on the white and green text 'htc' forever.
If I boot with power+down buttons I get to a hboot screen, but choosing 'recovery' takes me to a white screen small pink 'Entering Recovery' text. Nothing happens. To even get power+down screen to be available I had to move two zip files from root of sdcard which I guess were related to the custom rom, being 0P6BIMG.zip and M8-GPE-03-16-2015.zip

I tried reinstalling twrp after downloading the latest .img file
fastboot command
c:\twrp>fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-m8.img
just says <waiting for device> whether on pink text screen or white 'htc'

I can see the sdcard through a pc card reader and manipulate files. Is there any way to copy files manually so it will boot?
This is on Win 10, UK unlocked version of phone.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1Y43AaX
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment