Thursday, June 2, 2016

How to figure out what is causing heat and battery usage (CPU and Battery usage)

Hello. I have the GS5. For over three months it overheats like hell. Why because I did the firmware update and it all started with this.

TL;DR: I need an app or program that shows detailed percentage of usage and temperatures of apps. It would be great if you can find a real-time monitoring one like on PCs. My phone is rooted so feel free to recommend any app that suit my needs.

It overheats so much that I can barely able to hold the phone because it slips through so easily from my hand (nope my hands are not dirty, I wash them with lots of soaps :P).

I bought a case and it is still somewhat hard to hold the phone with one hand but the case surely helped. Can use it with two hands but was able to use with one hand without any problems so why should I accept this right?

The cpu is around 40 Celsius at idle to very low usage. The battery is around 28 Celsius at idle. The room temps is 26 Celsius.

After using my phone for about fifteen mins, the battery is going up to 36-38 Celsius. The cpu is around 50 Celsius. Not playing games at all, just surfing on the web and installing one to two apps from Android Market. Do you think it is normal or excessive? I fell the heat in my hands. It was not been like this before the firmware update.

Although I did all wipes and flash the whole rom from scratch (even ticked Nand Erase All), my problem still persists so I am out of ideas. Maybe I can buy a new battery and a charger but I would like to make sure that the problem is not causing by software. Thank you.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1sOnLgP
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment